Saturday, December 13, 2008

Piya is married too

One wedding follows the other
Well folks, Sundeep shall take eternity to give me some of his wedding shots. I have been after him but to no avail. Busy guy. Never mind. In the meanwhile, a very close and childhood friend of mine got married last Saturday. She is Piya. We went to the same school, shared similar interests and all that.

Most of my friends have left Jamshedpur to work or study in some place else. Piya and me have been out too. But now i am settled in Jamshedpur again (intend to so so for the rest of my life as i love the city like no other place) and Piya has also come back from Delhi. Earlier this year, she gave us a surprise on orkut where she suddenly changed her status from single to married. We almost fell out of our chairs, me especially, coz i live so near and was yet unaware of the situation. So when i called her up with a head-on zeal to fight her back, she laughed and told me that she would be getting married to Jhilam (their family friend's brother) soon.

I met her soon after. You see friends, her mother, kakima, had been as worried as other another mom would be for her daughter to settle well. And now that a good prospect had come their way, her happiness knew no bounds. After a small engagement, the date for the marriage was fixed for December 06.

Piya knew the family quite well and was therefore not at all apprehensive of what was to come her way. In fact even two weeks before the wedding, the time since which i became a regular visitor to her place, all she told me was, "God it doesnt even feel like i am getting married. See, no tention, no worry, whats wrong with me?" I used to smile. Knowing the funny Piya, all these blabbings were bound to come our way. We even went for some last minute shopping, had puchkas and spoke of old times. You know, before you get married, there are so many things that you need to talk and shut out for the rest of your lives; things which have no value and yet cannot be ignored.

Since the wedding took place at her own residence, her house was choc-a-bloc with guests three days before the occasion. I got along with everybody as her relatives were an amiable lot. The wedding was a typical Bengali affair. I wont go into the details of the entire ritual. That would be too boring as most of us know the basics. All went off very well. Jhilam was all in smiles as the wedding moment drew near. Your know when we told him, "Jhilam dont worry, your bride is on her way here," you should have seen the grin on his face.

And here onwards begins a completely new life, a new turn for Piya. I end here with all the good wishes for her future with Jhilam.

No comments: